Top 10 difficult people at work
An organization is composed of group of people who are working together to achieve a common goal. With the diversity of people in a particular organization, the challenge on how to deal with difficult people at work is the management’s responsibility. In most organization, the Human Resource Department manages conflicts as well as staff development.
In a quotation written in Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner’s book, “Dealing with Difficult People”, they cited that people can either bring out the best or the worst in you and understanding where their treatment towards you comes from will help you how to deal or work with them.
“Just as some people bring out your best, and other people bring out your worst, you can bring out the best in other people at their worst. It’s a matter of understanding where they are coming from and what is likely to work with them.”
Brinkman and Kirshner has identified 10 Difficult People at Work which you are about to discover through this article.
- Tank: Confrontational, pointed and angry, the ultimate in pushy and aggressive behavior.
- Sniper: Uses rude comments, biting sarcasm, or a well-timed roll off the eyes to belittle others.
- Grenade: After a brief period of calm, he/she, explodes into unfocused raving and ranting.
- Know-It-All: Has a low tolerance for correction and contradiction.
- Think-They-Know-It-All: They know how to learn just enough to sound like what they are talking about.
- “Yes” Person: In effort to please people and avoid confrontation, they say “yes” even without thinking.
- “Maybe” Person: In a moment of decision, he/she procrastinates in the hope that a better choice will come.
- “Nothing” Person: No verbal feedback; no Non-Verbal feedback; doesn’t contribute to the conversation.
- “No” Person: Disguised as a mild-mannered normal person, he/she fights a never-ending battle of futility, hopelessness, and despair.
- Whiner: They feel helpless and overwhelmed by an unfair world; offering solutions makes you bad company, so their whining escalates.
If you belong to an organization or a group of people, you can at least identify a member who possess at least one character mentioned above. If you are having time dealing with them, read the quotations above for the second time and start strategizing on how you can deal with your co-workers in order to have a desirable working environment.
Read more: 13 helpful technology hacks